Available

July 17
Wait on the Lord, be of good courage, and He shall strengthen your heart.
Psalm 27:14

"God often works His miracles in unmiraculous ways."
Peter Marshall

Boo Thought:OK, here God goes again...showing up and confirming himself through the verses and quotes on my calendar. Yesterday I was traveling by air. I had to be up at 4AM, so was very tired. I even asked the Lord, "Father, would it be OK if I am just quiet on the flight and knit or read?" No, response.
I had a middle sit between two attractive women, whom I would guess are nearing thirty. The conversation started by one of them inquiring about my knitting and progressed to a faith discussion as one of the women shared about her friend, battling cancer, who just courageously went through her wedding with a wreath on her head, since she is bald from her chemo treatments. We also touched on how my plane companion's three years in the Army (including Afghanistan) challenged her faith journey.
This young woman, who captured my heart on a two and a half hour plane ride, was in tears at one point and said, "I can't believe a stranger has made me cry." Ah, dear ones, it wasn't a stranger at all was it, but her heavenly father himself who created her with His own hands and was calling to her. I wrapped my arm around her and prayed God's love over her.
As we talked and I shared my nutty stories of how God has rocked my world over the years, speaking to my heart and directing me, severe turbulence came upon our plane. I told my new friend that I was excited about heading to heaven and wanted that for her too, so if we started heading down for her to fast forward to the part where she calls out to Jesus, seeking forgiveness of her sins and acknowledging him...then we would be able to hang out in heaven together.
If someone asked me what the best part of that day was, it would be my time with my new friend. Oh we of little faith. A good time is always a God time.

Let's Pray:Father, you are at work in miraculous ways! We can't wait to see how you are going to show up today. Forgive us for "our" agendas. Whew, we miss the party so many times because we do not accept the invitation to join You. When we wait on You and have the good courage to join You, then you strengthen our hearts and and our faith. Lord, the tears are dripping down my cheeks for so many who are missing the boat. You are such a good deal, may many come to love you today and experience the joy, peace, and exuberant love You are longing to offer them. May the love You desire to shower upon so many, not be lost today, but fill them up! May those of us who know that we are receiving the prize not be selfish and hoard the treasure we have been given. May we be found faithful to share our cookie with others!
In Jesus Name, Amen

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?