Concentrate

July 23

He has made everything beautiful in its time.
Ecclesiastes 3:11

"The Lord's goodness is the source of all our joy."
C. H. Spurgeon

Boo Thought: I was to meet friends to walk this AM, but wanted to get the devo written first. "Concentrate" I thought. I began breaking that word down...con...meaning with..."cen"...ah or is it "sin"...trate..."traitor" I thought. We have to concentrate to keep Satan, the traitor and father of lies from penetrating our lives with sin.

I went to turn on my laptop to write and the anti-virus program popped up that a "worm" protection program needed to be added. Ha, yup, on my computer and over my heart! I clicked for the anti-virus process to update and while it was going I thought it best to pray and update my sin protection. I opened my journal study I am doing and there was the cure written out.

Luke 5:24 .. so you may know that the Son of Man has authority on earth to forgive sins, Jesus told the paralyzed man-I tell you: get up, pick up your stretcher and go home.

Glancing back at the computer the instructions were to "restart" it. Perfect message for us today... we confess our sins, repent and have the privilege of restarting our lives with the Lord.

The Song "I'll Be There" popped into my head. Yes, we just call on the name of Jesus and he will be there!

Let's Pray: Father, today we choose to concentrate on You and the gift and purpose of Your precious Son. Thank You for the protection you provide, but also for janitorial service You offer to us, being willing to perform some major clean ups! As one of my friends said this morning, "I got myself in some real doo." I asked, "Would that be dew or doo?" Lord, Jesus keep our eyes on You and help us avoid the doo that disappoints us and You. You do make everything beautiful in Your time! In Jesus Name, Amen

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?