Shine Brighter

July 14
The eyes of the Lord are on the righteous, and His ears are open to their prayers.
1 Peter 3:12

"While God's doings are often beyond my understanding, His love for me is beyond all measure."
Jan Winebrenner



Boo thought: Yesterday morning, fifteen minutes before our Sunday morning celebration service God took me aside and gave me a message to share. The 1 Peter verse above went right along with what He was impressing upon me.
God told me to put in my teeth whiteners. I am the worst about wearing these, because my husband won't kiss me when I have them on! God wanted me to share how we are willing to brighten our teeth, but not take the time to feed on the Word and be brighter lights for Christ.

The Lord is my light and my salvation, whom shall I fear? Psalm 27:1

Next I was cleaning out my ears... that is where 1 Peter 3:12 about the Lord's ears being open to our prayers fits in. I proceeded to put sunscreen on my face to protect my skin and read John 17:11 where Jesus asks: Holy Father, protect them by the power of your name. I picked up a pen to jot these verses down and got ink all over my hand. I thought of the song..."Sin had left a crimson stain, but Jesus washed it white as snow."

In the next room I heard my husband cutting his finger nails and God whispered...what is it you need to cut out of your life to make your light shine brighter?

You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither, do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everone in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven. Matthew 5:14-16

Getting up to write this morning I turned on a lamp with a three way switch. Usually I turn three clicks for the brightest degree available. A bulb with only 60 watt capability must have been placed in the lamp, because it wouldn't go any brighter. Likewise, we have limited capability of how bright we can shine on our own. That extra brightness comes from Christ in us and our reliance upon the Holy Spirit.

Let's Pray: Father, turn us on today, so that we may shine as brightly as possible for you. In Jesus Name, Amen



Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?