Parts of Prayer

August 18
In the night His song shall be with me-a prayer to the God of my life.
Psalm 42:8

"God knows what parts of our prayer are the best for us to have,
and what are not." Fredderick Temple

Boo thought: Ha...God picks the parts of prayer which are best for us...good thought. My husband has severely injured his back and we are moving into the new school tomorrow. Not only can he not pick up anything...he can't sit!
I took over Saturday, making yet another Sam's and Staples run and then met a mother at the school to help me unload everything. A large box of metal shelving fell out of the car onto my arm, which feels like it may have a little break in.

On the way home I was nearing tears. Something must have triggered the On Star program available on our car...a woman's voice said, "Good-bye."

"Hmm, maybe Jesus was coming for me," I thought. Driving down the gravel road to our house, I began singing praise songs just in case He was waiting for me. I even sang, "Take me Jesus!" Well, I am still here, so he didn't go with that part of the prayer request.



Let's Pray: Lord, provide for us what we need and what will make us most pleasing in your sight. Pick apart our prayers making them pure. In Jesus Name, Amen

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?