Clothed in Majesty

August 7
O Lord my God...You are clothed with honor and majesty.
Psalm 104:1

"My business is to think about God. It is for God to think about me." Simone Weil

Boo thought: Waking in the still of the night, I sensed I was in a planetarium and the stars were laid out on the ceiling of our bedroom. Was I dreaming? No, it was a "God thing" calling me outside. The summer heat has been so oppressive lately that it was a delight to take our bulldog and step out onto our deck. Whoa, there was God's majesty, hung out before me! The night sky had been clothed with stars of various intensity and an orchestra of crickets and tree frogs were performing a previously selected piece to accompany the scene.
Grabbing my computer I decided to sit a spell (as Granny Clampet would say) and write to you, while delighting in the lacy canopy several trees provided as accessories adorning a night sky.
Checking out God's evening wear more intently, I realize....I don't get out enough in the middle of the night!
Interesting timing. Our daughter is visiting and last night asked me to watch the show, Project Runway. It is a clothing designer competition and here we are in Psalm 104 taking in how God is clothed!
Let's Pray:

Psalms Now 104
O Lord, how great and all-powerful You are! And how beautiful is the world You created for our habitation! Even before Adam was brought forth from the dust, or Eve was brought forth from Adam's rib, You prepared for them a place in which to live and grow. And everything they saw around them reflected the beauty and power of the living God...Father, help us to get out and fellowship with You in the diverse wardrobe You possess. For the mere fact You have designed sunrises to starlight, mountains to oceans, and ants to elephants speaks of the majesty You behold. The universe is Your clothes closet and my oh my are You always in style! Thank You that we are part of that grand design, what a privilege! In Jesus Name, Amen

Majesty, worship His majesty, unto Jesus be all glory, honor and praise!

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?