Laugh, think, thank

September 18
God is my salvation and my glory, the rock of my strength.
Psalm 62:7


"God will meet extraordinary needs with extraordinary resources."
Kathy Troccoli


Boo Thought: Today I will give a reading assignment in which the students have to read (and bring in to share) something that makes them do the following:
Makes them laugh
Makes them think
Makes them thankful
Sets them in motion to act upon a situation
They could just open up the Bibles on their desks and complete that assignment. Ok, you may be saying, "What in the Bible makes you laugh?" The thought of Noah getting all those animals on that ark makes me smile and chuckle and I bet quite a few people laughed when Zacchias climbed that tree! I bet there was plenty of laughter at the wedding feast when the best wine (which Jesus had made from water) came out towards the end of the wedding reception.
I asked my husband if there was anything in the Bible about laughing...he chuckled, "Well, Sampson brought the house down. Donkeys talking are pretty funny!"
Psalm 62 certainly is food for thought and thanksgiving...God providing us salvation, glory and strength!

Let's Pray: May our motion today be manifested in a very simple way, as we take time to pray and tell You we love you Lord. Even in our darkest moments may we be overcome with joy because we feel You next to us. Help our minds to focus and think about Your Word and be thankful for the promises within. Then use all of those factors to set us in motion to complete the assignments You have for us today, for we know Your character and that there will be enormous blessings along the way! In Jesus Name, Amen

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?