Our Ultimate Treasure

September 19
God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.
Psalm 73:26


"During the cold and rainy times of life, God is a safe, warm, dry shelter."
Peter Wallace


Boo thought: Stopping by to visit my eighty-eight year old father the other day, I found him in his basement going through old boxes. It was like a treasure hunt for him. We found his pilot's license, a picture of his grandmother I had never seen, his hospital bracelet from when he was a baby, a box of Indian head pennies, a newspaper article on him being an outstanding college leader at VA Tech, old Christmas ornaments and some pillow cases that had never been opened, which he was looking forward to using. These treasures were filled with fond memories.
I think God treasures us in a similar way. I am sure in His enormity he does not need trinkets to trigger his memory of fond thoughts of us.
God has given us an amazing Treasure in his Word. It covers every emotion and every emergency we may encounter. It reminds us God is the strength of our hearts and our portion forever making him the Ultimate Treasure!

Let's Pray: You are the Treasure that we keep...YOU are our ALL in ALL! In Jesus Name, Amen

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?