Scurry to Pray

September 5
Be still and know that I am God...I will be exalted in the earth!
Psalm 46:10

"There is not one place in the entire universe, visible or invisible,
where God is not!" Anne Graham Lotz


Boo thought: This morning our kindergarten teacher walked in my room to see if I had time to pray for the school with her. I had 8 minutes until the students were to come and the day's board work to get on the board, as well as all our books, computers and furniture to get into place. (The area of a local church we are renting uses the same space on Wedneday nights and Sundays, so we have to set up the classrooms twice a week.) My first reaction was, you've got to be kidding me, how will I ever get ready. Then I realized in the time I could spend explaining why I didn't have time, I could pray with her! So we did. It calmed my restlessness and set the stage for one of the best days I have had this year. I needed to be still and exalt God remembering with Him all things are possible!
Later in the day another student asked me to pray with him over a letter he had written requesting money for our school. Ah, humbled again. Then while teaching knitting this afternoon, one of the young ladies said, "Don't you just feel like singing all day long?"
WOW! Thank you God for where I am privileged to work.
After that young lady left, I went deep into our woods with our bull dog and sang my heart out to the Lord!

Let's Pray: Oh Father, when we get our scurry on today, remind us the most important thing that we can do is stop to pray. We will lift Your name on high, we will love to sing Your praises...we are so glad You are in our lives and that You came to save us. In Jesus' Name, we pray, Amen

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?