Secure Investments

November 6
James 2: 14-26 Faith and Deeds
17... faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action,
is dead. 18But someone will say, "You have faith;
I have deeds." Show me your faith without deeds,
and I will show you my faith by what I do.
19You believe that there is one God. Good!
Even the demons believe that—and shudder.
26As the body without the spirit is dead,

so faith without deeds is dead.

Deedily do and dodittly dee! Whatever God
is up to; I want it to include me!
Today I took my 88 year old father to the
funeral home to say good-bye to a friend of
65 years. (I had to ward off the funeral home
guy, who was ready to put my Daddy in a box!
They met 6 months ago to discuss his plans.)
My father was pleased to see his friend looking
so peaceful, but hated she had not had the chance
to vote yesterday! :)
Then Daddy said, "Time is going so quickly. It
seems as if the months have flown since summer
began."
What do we do with our faith.? We have believed
on the Lord Jesus and been saved...but then what?
Are we out and about the Lord's business, doing
the deeds He has set out for us to do?
I agree with my earthly father; the pace has picked
up and I want what I do with the time remaining
here on this earth to count for the Kingdom. It is in
living that way that my faith will increase! What a
secure investment!

Lord, lead the way throughout our day. Increase
our faith and find us quick to pray!

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?