Trust Jesus

November 10
I love it when God awakens me with
a song in my heart....
It is so sweet to trust in Jesus
And to take Him at His Word
Just to rest upon His promise
And to know, Thus says the Lord!
Jesus, Jesus, how I trust Him!
How I’ve proved Him o’er and o’er
Jesus, Jesus, precious Jesus!
Yes, ’tis sweet to trust in Jesus,
Just from sin and self to cease;
Just from Jesus simply taking
Life and rest, and joy and peace.
I’m so glad I learned to trust Thee,
Precious Jesus, Savior, Friend;
And I know that Thou art with me,
Wilt be with me to the end.

James 4 is all about submitting
our selfish selves to God. He says
our quarrels come from the desires
that battle within us. And that we
are adulterous people who forget
that friendship with the world is
hatred toward God? He says that
when we ask we do not receive
because we ask with wrong motive...
for our own pleasures, not God's glory.

Ok, I am battling here...for if we are
not kind and reaching out to the world,
why would they want our Jesus. I am
guessing the difference sits in the words
"friendly" and "friendship." We can be
kind, compassionate, offering hospitality,
and friendly to someone without committing
to a friendship.

Like the song says, we have to trust Jesus and
take him at his word!

Let's pray: Father, we face choices today and
are trusting You to show the way. Forgive us for
our tendency to step out on our own. Guide us
forward and be our comfort. In Jesus' Name,
Amen

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?