Angels on Either End

December 22

Angels...Mary heard on high in Bethlehem that starry night.
Angels by the tomb of Christ gave some women quite a fright!

There are angels watching over us, every step we take. Most
of you know of my white birds which sail into the cove early
in the morning. Usually it is just the single Holy Spirit, but
on occasion the Father and Son join in the sight, which delights
me!
This morning I think the twelve disciples came along for the ride.
One of our children said, it looked like a flock of angels soaring
around the dock. When I went to the other side of the house to let
Moses(our dog)out, two black crows were stationed at the top of our
driveway by the gate. It appeared as if demons were blocking the entrance
to our property. I began to pray for the battle encamped around us.

As I sat down to write by the Christmas tree, I noticed on the table a
small fictional book by Max Lucado called An Angel's Story.
I want to share the introduction with you.
"Spiritual beings populate the stories of Scripture. Angels singing.
Demons infecting. Heavenly hosts fighting. Satan's gremlins invading.
Ignore the armies of God and Satan and you ignore the heart of Scripture.
Ever since the snake tempted Eve in Eden, we've known: there is more to
this world than meets the eye.
We know less than we desire about these beings. Their appearance? Their
number? Their strategies and plans? We can only imagine....I tried to
imagine the spiritual conflict around the coming of Christ. Surely
there was much. If Satan could preempt Christ in the cradle there'd be no
Christ on the cross. Don't you think he tried? I do too. The conflict
was, no doubt, far grander and dramatic than anything we can fictionalize.
But we can be sure of this: we know who won. Because we know He came."

Let's Pray: Lord, we thank You for the creation of angels.
May we encourage them with our songs of praise and cheers of thanksgiving.
What a grand time it will be when we hear and see their choirs singing in
Heaven. We stop right now to give thanks to the angels who watch over us.
Father, I am going to place a pair of angel wings on my kitchen island as
a daily remembrance of the unseen blessing angels are. In Jesus' Name, Amen

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?