Annointed

December 12
Thou anointest my head with oil.
My cup runneth over.


Have you ever been anointed with oil?
Years ago I was very ill from an infection following
back surgery. The doctors could not get the cultures
to grow to help them identify what IV antibiotic would
be most effective, so it looked like they were going
to have to open me back up. A friend asked if she could
bring her minister and have him anoint me with oil and
pray for me. I was open to anything at this point. I put
on a pair of loose fitting overalls and a bikini undies,
thinking he would need to anoint the incision on my back
and this would be the most modest way for this to happen.
Boy was I surprised when he anointed my forehead!
The amazing thing is the next day I went to UVA for what
we thought would be more surgery and thesurgeon said,
"I think your body is trying to heal itself and you will
be much better off if this happens and we don't have to
do surgery and antibiotics! Praise the Lord the healing
did occur.


Our cups do run over from the goodness of the Lord.
We just don't focus on that enough. When you are in
your kitchen today, take time to take a cup and let the
water overflow and thank the Lord for His abundance of
mercy, compassion, provisions and love.

Like a good shepherd....Jesus is near!

Let's Pray: Lord, thank You for
shepherding us on the mountain tops and in the valleys.
If we need sheering today, help us to stand still, trusting
You and recognizing the benefits of this process. May we
take time to reflect on how blessed we are to be annointed
by You and rejoice in the fact that our cups overflow from
blessings we often neglect to recognize! May the joy of
the realization of who we are in Christ light up another
life today. In Jesus Name, Amen

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?