Like a Good Mama

December 5-7
He leads me beside still waters, Ah refreshment.
He restores my soul. Ah, healing.
He leads me in paths of righteousness. Ah, guidance!

The commercial says, "Like a good neighbor, State Farm is there."
Well, as I am studying about shepherds and the care they give
their sheep I see an analogy to a good mama! Twenty-four hour,
versatile care! Offering refreshment and convincing us to
take a break, healing our hurts and showing us the right way!

My heart goes out to moms during the holiday season. In
addition to the all consuming daily family roles, holiday
baking, gift buying and wrapping, decorating, school programs
and get togethers are added to their busy schedules. I don't
think the shepherds got caught up in all of this. Try as
I may, I cannot undo it at my house.

I think I will set up a sheep station and copies of the
Twenty-third Psalm to remind us to take time out to be
with our Shepherd. (And our mamas!)

Let's Pray: Lord, yesterday I read a story about your
birthday party. It was very convicting as the story
shared what a strange sight it was to see people giving
each other gifts and not You, the birthday boy. You said it
appeared a bearded man in a red suit was the guest of
honor, not You. Please change our focus this Christmas
and let it be about You, not the hoopla. May the way
we do Christmas be contagious and give others the courage
to celebrate our loving Shepherd who came and set a very
good example of how we are to live. In Jesus Name, Amen

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?