Hawk's Heyday

January 8
The winds were blustery (as Winnie the Pooh would say). Yesterday,
fifty mile an hour gusts had things flying. My car shook and I
wondered if the enormous flag pole in front of the grocery store
would crash over as I made my way inside. Driving home I looked
up in the sky to see swarms of hawks having a heyday riding these
wind currents. The day was so clear and the back drop to this
scene was the beautiful mountain range which holds the Peaks of Otter.
Immediately I thought...these creatures are making the best of this
situation, like surfers catching the waves before a hurricane.
Like a girlfriend of mine whose cancer has reoccurred, who wrote
yesterday after visiting the oncologist's office
We met some incredible families as the wait was long, husbands,
children and we had a blessed time in the wait. I covet your prayer
for them. God allowed me to pray with them all as I was waiting for my
husband to get the car and we are so connected in Christ already,
I love them and am believing God for their miracle as well.

Now that is walking with the Lord through the storm.

Here comes the word for today...soar: "to fly aloft; to rise
or increase dramatically; to ascend to a higher or more exalted level;
to rise to majestic stature." Does that thrill your soul or what?

...but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary,
they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:31

This is the day that the Lord has made, we will rejoice and be glad in
it, we will soar on wings like eagles and catch a wave along the way
no matter our circumstances because we have Jesus along for the ride!

And all God's children shouted hallelujah we are having a HEYDAY!

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?