My God Speaks

January 9
Praise the Lord for Tim Tebow and the victory this child
of God led his Gators to last night! I have a brother who
drowned over 20 years ago who was a Gator and I do hope he was
able to see this from heaven!

Many of you know we have five sons. With five sons have come
some wonderful girl friends over the years and I often struggle
with the break ups because I have become so attached to these
young women. Last night, during the game I heard from one
whom I haven't heard from in over a year. I was so excited to
hear her voice, then bam the reason for her call came and she
was not happy, but still hurting from a break up with one of my
sons and let me have it. My chest began hurting severely and I
finally had to hand the phone to my husband. I love this young
woman so much, but I love my son too, so this was difficult.

The pains ran down my arm and into my back. I got up and took
some slow deep breaths and my blood pressure which was fine and
got back into bed, fully prepared for the Lord to take me. My
husband and I prayed for this young woman and I sent her an email.

Well, I am still here this morning and God has spoken lovingly to me
in two devotionals I want to share with you.
The first is from God Calling compiled by A J Russell:
"Be calm, no matter what may befall you. Rest in Me. Be patient, and
let patience have her perfect work. Never think things overwhelming.
How can you be overwhelmed when I am with you?
Do not feel the strain of life. There is no strain for My children.
Do you not see I am a Master Instrument-maker? Have I not fashioned
each part? Do I not know just what it can bear without a strain?
Would I, the maker of so delicate an instrument, ask of it anything
that could destroy or strain? No! The Strain is only when you are
serving another master, the world, fame, the good opinion of men-or
carrying two days' burdens on the one day.Remember that it must not be."

Then from Quiet Moments with God by L.J Ogilvie.
"Almighty God, as I begin a new day filled with opportunities
masquerading as complex problems, I claim Your promise, "Call to me,
and I will answer you."(Jeremiah 33:3). I know that no matter how
intense my problems, You are with me. The bigger the problem, the more
all-encompassing Your abiding presence will be. And the more complex the
problem, the greater will be the wisdom You offer. Equal to the strain of
each problem will come the strength You give.

Thank You for this time of quiet with You in which I can receive the
peace of knowing that I am loved and forgiven, the healing of the hurts
of harbored memories, the answers to problems often seem unsolvable and
the vision for solutions that otherwise would be beyond my human
understanding. I praise You that to know You is my greatest joy and to
serve You is life's greatest delight. I pray this in the name of Him who
came to give us abundant life."
Just another example of how real and personal God is. When we take time to
listen He is quick to speak! Praise the Lord!

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?