A Servant's Attitude

January 13

Studying this morning a concept I haven't pondered in
a while was brought to mind...God humbled himself coming
to earth for us. Likewise we are to humble ourselves before
the Lord. Mark 10:43-44 says: Whoever wants to become
great among you must be your servant and whoever wants
to be first among you must be a slave to all.


Some of the greatest spiritual heroes of our time have had
servant hearts. Mother Teresa, Corrie Ten Boom, and Billy
Graham. Reflecting on the local level the pastors who have held
my greatest respect are not the eloquent pulpit speakers
with their fancy suits, pressed shirts and handkerchiefs, but
the ones who are humble of heart, care about relationship and
are ready to serve alongside their congregations whom they are
calling to serve!

Where does Satan try to trap you on this one? For me I start
out seeking the Lord and serving where I am sent, but often along
the way I get an attitude. I take my focus off what Christ has
called me to do, often adding my works to the agenda and then get
frustrated when those alongside me aren't serving wholeheartedly.
Hmm, just maybe God has called them to serve in other ways.

In the movie Meet the Parents the father takes two fingers and
points from his eyes towards his daughter's fiance...to let him
know he has his eye on him. God has his eye on us and we will walk
in fulfillment when we keep our eyes on God!

Let's Pray: Father, we humble ourselves before You this day,
remembering the word from yesterday that we are just "whipper snappers"
compared to You. May we see clearly today the assignments You have for
us and may we carry them out with joy in our hearts and attitudes of
gratitude that we know You and You want to use us in Your service.
With eyes lifted up we look to You for instructions on how to survive
these earthly days, serve with the greatest impact bringing You glory
and love others as Christ does! In Jesus' Name, Amen

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?