Whipper Snapper

January 12
Asking the Lord to give me a word to share with you I thought
I must have misunderstood when I heard Whipper Snapper
which is defined as a person who is:
diminutive-exceptionally or notably small;
insignificant- not worth considering;
presumptuous -overstepping due bounds, taking liberties.

Plugging each of those four words into my online concordance I
came up with nothing. Then I opened a Bible study I am doing and
read the Luke passage below and was blown away!

Compared to God we are whipper snappers! But praise the Lord He
loves a whipper snapper who calls on His name!

An argument started among the disciples as to which of them would be
the greatest. Jesus, knowing their thoughts, took a little child and
had him stand beside him. Then he said to them, "Whoever welcomes this
little child in my name welcomes me; and whoever welcomes me welcomes
the one who sent me. For he who is least among you all—he is the greatest."
Luke 9:46-48

Mighty are You Father. May we remember we are only little whipper snappers
who come humbly before You, trusting in Your promises and being filled up
with Your love. While we realize we are insignificant in ourselves, we
know that through Your significant sacrifice You defeated sin and sent
the Holy Spirit who fills us with power to walk here on earth and do
Your will, bringing You Glory! In Jesus' Name, Amen

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?