Fill Her Up

February 17

The days of pulling into a service station and having an
attendant come out to pump your gas, clean your windshield and
check your oil are long gone! I can remember,as a sixteen year old,
when I found a gas station where the owner's son, who worked there,
was really cute. I couldn't wait until I needed gas and could pull
in there and say "Fill her up!"

Now as a fifty-two year old, it is the Holy Spirit I am asking to
fill me up! It's a lot cheaper!

My Father is glorified by this:
that you produce much fruit and prove to be My disciples.

John 15:8

Look at what is ahead in your day. How can the filling of the Holy
Spirit assist you to bring glory to God in all you must do today?
I am getting ready to walk into my neighbor's house where her husband
died yesterday. I want everyone in that house to feel the presence of
the Holy Spirit in me...I am trusting the Spirit for the fruit of love,
peace, kindness, gentleness, and compassion. Then I must walk into a
classroom of middle schoolers and teach...I will need patience, joy,
goodness, faithfulness and self-control. One Holy Spirit can initiate
all these qualities through me if I surrender to Him and allow Him to
prompt me along the way. Likewise the enemy lays in wait, just as eager
to asset me to do things his way today.

Fill 'er up Holy Spirit and may God get the glory for all that is done!

Let's Pray : Father, you have provided us with all we
need. It is like a full refrigerator, there are so many possibilities to
be made with all those ingredients, but too often we delay and things
spoil. Forgive us Lord, for the missed opportunities and for the botches
when we walked in the flesh and not in the Spirit. May we take advantage
of all the fruit of Your Spirit. In Jesus Name, Amen

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?