Uppity Attitude

February 4

The disappointment was enormous and childlike! The weather report was for
twelve hours of snow showers, and six hours had passed and there was no
evidence of the first flake. A good night's sleep had been wasted due to anticipation and peeking out the window every hour or two. Heading to the
door, rather downtrodden, to let the dog out, I found myself copping an
attitude with God. "What would it have taken for You to produce one good
snowfall? I'd just like a day blanketed in snow with no place to go.
I don't get why we can't have that?" I grumbled.Heading to commence with
my morning routine I recognized another menopausal moment, but this one
had been directed towards my heavenly Father. Whoa!Sitting down to begin
my quiet time with Him I realized I needed a major attitude adjustment and sought forgiveness. The title of an old TV show flashed across my brain...
"Father Knows Best!"
How petty was my desire for a blizzard! There is probably some child having
a birthday party today who would be devastated if his friends couldn't get
there or a spouse needed to travel to the bedside of their beloved who is hospitalized. Ah, the flashback to February 1986 when I had given birth to
our fifth child, and the day after a snow storm hit and kept my husband and
children from coming to visit us at the hospital. (Now that was a pity party
I am sure, probably more so for my husband at home with four little ones in
snow suits, but I never heard him complain.)
We need to have attitude checks and see if our complaints are of eternal value. Today I will have my eyes open at school for where God is at work and what we possibly could have missed had we been snowed in.
Let's Pray: Father, we will head to Your Word where truth resides. It tells us You work ALL things, even the weather, together for good for
those who love You and are called according to Your purpose. Life really
isn't about us, but it is about Jesus and all he has been up to since the
day You came to earth in his body! It is time to grow up and realize:
Then we will no longer be infants...Instead, speaking the truth in love,
we will in all things grow up into him who is the Head, that is, Christ.
From him the whole body, joined and held together by every supporting
ligament, grows and builds itself up in love, as each part does its work.
Ephesians 4:14-16
We close out this devotional time with You by being renewed and cleansed
from selfish, uppity, attitudes saying as Paul did in Ephesians 3:10-21:
Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine,
according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the
church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever!
Amen.

Step into today expecting God to show up and show off!

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?