Wanderful Wanderers

February 7-8

Was it Lawrence Welk who would say wonderful as "wanderful?"
I just asked my husband if that was correct. He responded that nobody reading
my devotional ever watched Lawrence Welk and would know that he didn't!
Made me laugh!

Webster's defines a wanderer as someone who moves about without a fixed course,
aim, or goal. Does that sound like our government?

Lord, Jesus...please make this true for our nation...
"I will lead the blind by ways they have not known, along unfamiliar paths...
I will turn the darkness into light before them and make the rough places smooth. These are the things I will do; I will not forsake them." Isaiah 42:16

Today I want to go wandering with God. I want to get out on this beautiful 60
degree day and not turn on the news. God has me reflecting on Moses (the real
one, not our bulldog) and his wanderings.

Charles Stanley writes in Crosswalk:

"...to persevere was faith, which Hebrews 11:1 defines as "being sure of what
we hope for and certain of what we do not see" (niv). Moses had learned how
to see "Him who is unseen" (Heb. 11:27). As a result, he was able to grasp
the reality of his invisible God's character and promises. Since encountering
the Lord at the burning bush (Ex. 3:2), he viewed life differently: his new
purpose was to rely on God and follow His plan."

Let's pray Psalm 37:34:
Father help us to put our hope in the You and to travel steadily along Your path.
Even when it feels like we are moving about without goal or aim, may we lift our
eyes to You trusting You to set our course. We lay our concerns for our beloved
nation, which was founded on the love of our forefathers for You, in Your hands
and trust that Your will, will be done. Show us the places to come alongside
You and stand strong. Show us the places where You need us to move into action.
Forgive us for the places we have stumbled. In Jesus Name, Amen

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?