Beauty in Our Heartbreak

March 9

We have a beautiful magnolia tree in our yard and it took a major hit
during our snow storm last week. I was heartbroken for I love this
tree and should have known to go out and knock the snow off of it
several times during the storm. There was nothing I could do to
bring all those huge limbs back. My husband was getting ready to
haul away the damage and I asked him to wait. Getting my clippers,
I wished there was someone with a wedding who could decorate a whole
church with these gorgeous leaves.
Looking around at all my empty outdoor planters I decided to start
clipping and filling them up with magnolia. I went inside and
filled six containers with magnolia branches...our front walk and
door look like a magnolia jungle. Next I filled four giant garbage
bags with magnolia and hit the road to the homes of several friends
spreading cheap joy! One friend was so excited. She said she had
not been able to afford magnolia this past Christmas to decorate with
and she was going to fill her baskets!
After we have cleaned up the branches the yard was laden with the
cones from which the blooms come. My husband helped me gather those
up and they are in a wooden bowl in our family room with some magnolia
leaves and are absolutely beautiful and a wonderful reminder or what
can come from our heartbreak.
What began as heartbreak, turned into a beauty to behold and an
opportunity to spread joy to others.

Yes, our Lord has bound up this broken heart in magnolia leaves!
May He heal all of your wounds today as well!
Love, Boo

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?