Follow Up

March 23

This weekend I wrote about being willing to train up others
and the importance of mentoring others until we meet our Maker.
I experienced the privilege this past week of walking
alongside a younger woman who was struggling. She knew
changes needed to be made in her life, but that isn't an
easy task for any of us.

Thursday I told her of another young woman in Roanoke I
wanted her to meet. I hadn't seen this person since last
August. On Saturday I was in Roanoke for a bridal shower
and as I drove past Roanoke Memorial Hospital I noticed a tall
slender woman running along Wiley Drive. There was no place to
pull over, but I stopped in the right hand lane of traffic and
waited to see if the gal was who I thought it was. I stood in
the road and called down the street to her as she ran by
(still not for certain it was this friend). The smokers on the
hospital smoking block all stared at me. Finally the woman heard
me and ran up to me. She was blown away. Five minutes before she
had seen another woman from our summer Bible Study and said,
"I miss Boo." "So what does God do?" she replied, "God just brings
you right to me! He is amazing!"

I had encouraged the first young woman to be sure she was in
church this Sunday. She called me elated right after church
saying the sermon was on the prodigal son and "Rebellion, Repentance,
and Restoration!" With joy overflowing in her voice she knew the
God who loves her had spoken right to her heart!

Let's expect God to show up today!

Let's pray:
Lord, You are able to do all things. Nothing is impossible with
You, yet we live our lives in such timidity! Change our hearts
right now. Open our eyes to be those which view life with the
expectancy of the great things You are going to do. May we all
sing praise to You today and tell another of your glory!
In Jesus Name, Amen

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?