Weak End

March 14-15

Contemplating the "weekend" the words weak end came to
mind. Biblegateway had 82 references for the word weak.
Yesterday, I was weak in my walk. Right after writing about a strong
witness, my husband and I headed to pick up some things at Lowe's in
Alabama. Leaving the check out counter I was convicted that I had not
shared God's love with the young lady at the register, so walking away
I muttered a soft "God bless you."
We got to the car and realized we had forgotten one item. I volunteered
to go back inside for it. The only empty check outline was the one I had
just been in. I told the girl about the blog and how God had impressed
upon my heart to tell people how much He loves them and how I had not
done that. She smiled and said thanks. Then I asked...is there something
you need me praying about? She said, "Yes, please pray for my health. I
have an unknown kidney disease." I gave her my email address and asked her
to keep me updated so I could continue praying for her.
My flesh was weak, but the Holy Spirit convicted me and made me
strong, so the story had a good end.

May God use these verses to bless Your weekend and your walk with Him.
Matthew 26:41
"Watch and pray so that you will not fall into temptation.
The spirit is willing, but the body is weak."

Acts 20:35
In everything I did, I showed you that by this kind of hard work
we must help the weak, remembering the words the Lord Jesus himself
said: 'It is more blessed to give than to receive.' "

2 Corinthians 12:9
But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is
made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly
about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me.

Let's Pray: Father, we thank You for Your marvelous plan
that allows for strength in our lives in times when we are weak.
May we learn that the best way to lay is in reLIEance in You.
In Jesus' Name, Amen

Yes, I know it is reliance, but the misspelling made my point better.

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?