Where'd They Go

March 7-8
My husband and I were sitting on our dock on this gorgeous Saturday and
out from underneath the dock popped what we thought were two young
ducklings. No sooner had they appeared than they disappeared.
"Where did they go?" I asked. Yards further out they popped up again
only to dive right back under the water out of sight. (They reminded
me of my boys who love to sneak up and scare me when I am swimming
in the Lake.) Dining with friends tonight we learned these are
migratory loons, not ducks.
Our school Spring Break began yesterday and I thought I would take
a week off from the devotional, you know...ducking out of the scene
for a few days. Then I thought, God never takes a break from watching
over me, I certainly shouldn't slip away from seeking His face because
I am on break. If any thing I should draw closer to Him.

Create in me a pure heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me.
Psalm 51:10

So, a little late today, but I'm back! Decided I didn't want God
saying..."Where did she go?" (I know God never has to ask, he knows
where we are headed before we do!)

Let's Pray: Lord, mighty and wonderful One, may I never
slip from Your presence and may I keep You as my first love! In Jesus'
Name, Amen

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?