Words-Speak Truth

March 27-29

A few weeks ago I walked through a hotel lobby in Alabama to
take the elevator to my room. A woman called out "Ma'am, Ma'am!"
I assumed she was calling to one of the young ladies at the front
desk so I looked straight ahead at the elevator. Then she ran right
up to me and said, "Girl friend, are you a hooker?" I was taken back
at first and then realized I had a rug hooking frame over my arm along
with the rest of my luggage. I replied, "Actually, I am just learning.
Are you a professional?" (Realizing the front desk gals were listening, I
thought I'd spike their curiosity.) The woman's reply was priceless....
"Oh, no I just do it for fun!"
My husband said only in the south would this conversation between
strangers have taken place and would I have been addressed as girlfriend.

Last week one of the teachers at our school emailed my husband that the
Lord had given her the word "aim." As she prayed for the reasoning behind
this she felt compelled to pass on that as a school our "aim" should be
making love. Interesting he thought for a K-7 school! What she meant to say, I believe, was spreading love.

We don't have to worry about slip ups from Jesus.
He spoke and still speaks truth to us.
The disciples passionately spoke truth about Jesus.
God's word is from whence we will gain precious knowledge.
Psalm 12:6
And the words of the LORD are flawless, like silver refined in a furnace
of clay, purified seven times.


Luke 20:21
So the spies questioned him: "Teacher, we know that you speak and teach
what is right, and that you do not show partiality but teach the way of God
in accordance with the truth.


John 3:11
I tell you the truth, we speak of what we know, and we testify to what we
have seen, but still you people do not accept our testimony.


Proverbs 23:12
Apply your heart to instruction and your ears to words of knowledge.


David conversed with God in Psalm 15 and learned the importance of
speaking truth.
LORD, who may dwell in your sanctuary? Who may live on your holy hill?
He whose walk is blameless and who does what is righteous,
who speaks the truth from his heart and has no slander on his tongue,
who does his neighbor no wrong and casts no slur on his fellowman.


What we choose to do with words and the Word today could change a life
forever!

Let's Pray: Lord, Living Word, Course Setter we praise You today.
Thank You for Your amazing character of truth which gives us confidence
to persevere knowing we are so well loved. Guide our tongues today in a
way that they bring words of hope and healing to others. Remind us we
have free access to an interpreter who is full of discernment and willing
to sort things out for us, revealing truth! In Jesus' Name, Amen

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?