No Words

April 7-8
Today/Yesterday, we had a "let's just do it moment". We hopped in our car
and drove to Chapel Hill to meet one of our sons who, along with his father,
is a UNC graduate who wanted to cheer on the 2009 National Basketball Champs...
the Tarheels...as they arrived back to campus from Detroit. It was a sweet
time to share with our son and thousands of other Carolina faithful fans.
Ah, if we would be so quick to follow the Lord when He instructs us to
"just do it".

The first scholarship senior to be asked to speak was so overwhelmed by
the setting of a packed Dean Smith Center, which was full of a cheering
crowd ranging from newborns to those in their eighties, that all he could
say was "I have no words."

I am preparing to do a John MacArthur study of the twelve disciples and my
guess is they had plenty of times as they accompanied Jesus that they
felt like they had "no words" to describe what they were experiencing.
It makes me think of the song....I Can Only Imagine... which talks
about some of our possible actions when we see Jesus...will we stand in His
presence, to our knees will be bow, we will dance for Him or be able to
speak at all.

This Holy Week, if we are asked to give an account of what we believe I
pray we will be able to speak!

1 Peter 3:15
But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord.
Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you
to give the reason for the hope that you have.
But do this with gentleness and respect...


Let's Pray: Lord, we bow down before You and praise Your
name! Father, forgive me for today I indulged in a selfish endeavor and
didn't have on my sold out for Jesus attitude. Lord, with You all things
are possible. I pray that something as simple as my prayers for two wrecks
we passed, made a difference in another life. May tomorrow find us
useful to the cause of Christ in whose name we pray! Amen

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?