Foundations

May 16-18

Friday was laid out as a day of fasting and prayer for me. By 4PM,
I had the trembles and reached for some crackers. The enemy laughed over
my weakness and before I knew it I had added roast beef to the crackers.
Returning from getting something out of another bedroom I noticed a trail
of shavings of some sort along the floor. I was clueless what had made this
path, but realized it matched exactly where I had been walking.
Checking the bottom of a pair of platform sandals I was wearing revealed the problem. These fifteen year old shoes were disintegrating. The top straps
were perfectly strong, but the foundation of the shoes was crumbling.

Isn't that how our lives are at times? From all outward appearances we
have it together, but because we have wavered from the foundation of
our faith we are falling apart.

I was trusting in my own strength, not in the Lord,to get me through
the fast. Praise His mighty name, He still spoke.

1 Corinthians 3:11
For no one can lay any foundation other than the one already laid,
which is Jesus Christ.

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?