How does God Show Up

May 8th

Last Monday, I was blessed to be able to be a part of leading a
young mother and her son to the Lord. The mother asked, "How does
God show up? How does this relationship work?" Before they left our
home we gave them a Bible, the Purpose Driven Life, and the
devotional Quiet Moments with God.

The woman, a single mom had financial needs. Being a realtor in these
slow times she had experience a dry period for six months. As she
walked out the steps of our home after praying to receive Christ, she
received a phone call that one of her properties had sold for $1,300,000.
Coincidence? I don't think so.

The next morning her son was reading the devotional to her and
Prov.3:5-6 was the first message the Lord had for her on this new journey.

Trust in the Lord with all your heart, lean not on your own understanding;
in all your ways acknowledge Him, and he will direct your paths
.
Coincidence? I don't think so.

The whispers of God get better in the daily love letters He is sending to
this woman. We had talked about the fact that the Holy Spirit comes to
reside in each of us when we accept Christ, so God sends her in writing...

The love of God has been poured out in our hearts by the Holy Spirit who
was given to us.
Romans 5:5

Now today's message for her is Galatians 2:20 and the devotional reads:
Lord, Your patience with me is a source of amazement and contrition. You
accept me as I am, but You never leave me there. Thank You for implanting
Christ's nature within me so that I can joyously anticipate that You will
make me like Christ in my disposition, temperament and attitudes.

You know, too, that I do not want to sin. Thank You for forgiving any
temporary aberrations in my life. Enable me to accept Your forgiveness
and move on to growing up in Christ.


That my friends is how God shows up and shows that He wants to be personally
involved in our lives.

Let's Pray: Father, we praise Your name today and stand in
amazement of how You have woven us together physically, but also provided a
way to be in our hearts spiritually and stay connected as long as we want to!
You wrap your arms around us so often, but today we offer that hug back to
You. May You feel our love even tighter as we tell of Your love and what
You mean to us to others. In Jesus Name, Amen

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?