Incognito Conviction

May 11
Taking a long walk the other day I ventured up along a high traffic area
which I seldom do. I'm a waver by southern nature, though it can be a
bit bothersome on a busy road. Having dirty hair, I had stuck it up
under a baseball cap, put on some shades and hiked off incognito.
This new route had me encounter a delightful young middle schooler
out on his bike. He road along beside me as we discussed literature
and his top inquiry: "Don't middle school students get on your nerves?"
While he zoomed off to make a lap near the golf course,a black truck headed
up a hill towards me. Now I am not observant when it comes to people's
cars and being in my waving mode I instinctively waved to this vehicle.
The driver gave a very mild wave, just lifting his fingers from the steering
wheel, but the woman in the passenger seat did nothing but stare at me.
As the truck passed me I realized the occupants were our mean neighbors
who have caused such turmoil.
The conviction was awful. I was willing to wave to total strangers and I
had been walking along conferring with another unknown person in hopes he
would see Christ in me, but had I known who was in the truck I probably
would have ignored them.
Matthew 5:44
But I tell you: Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you
Whew, and I wonder why the Lord won't call me home. I still have a big
act to clean up here on earth.

May this be our prayer today:
Psalm 51:10
Create in me a pure heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me. In Jesus' Name, Amen

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?