Check Your Gauges

June 6-7

Our daughter is here at the Lake and was heading into town to visit
her grandparents and her brakes went out going over the mountain and
a warning light came on. She is safe, but it was scary.


The warning light (of my heart) came on as well. Going by the funeral home
for a visitation last night, the doctor who allowed major post operative
problems to go unchecked following back surgery on me, which led to a
serious infection and a year and a half of excurciating pain, was also there.
It had been 11 years since our paths had crossed and I was quick to exit the
room and avoid having to speak to him. My husband was just as stunned.
Fortunately, we had to hurry to pick up my father to take him to the birthday
party of a friend who was turning 85. Quietly in the car ride I asked my husband...
should I have spoken to that man?

Entering a lovely dinner party with assigned seats, my husband
reaches our table before I do and notices his place card is next
to a man he had a very unpleasant encounter with 33 years earlier.
Instantaneously, he swaps the cards placing me beside this man.
Not being aware of the story, I was absolutely lovely to this person
even inviting him to come to our Sunday celebrations and hear my
husband preach sometime! (Oh the joy of being married to me.)

Can you imagine if my husband had been as full of hospitality and had
invited surgeon for an afternoon on the Lake?

Checking the gauges of our hearts, I realized we both had unforgiveness
we weren't even aware of.
Hmmm, what else lurks in the depths of our hearts.
Psalm 28:3
Do not drag me away with the wicked, with those who do evil,
who speak cordially with their neighbors but harbor malice in their hearts.


Psalm 103:9
He will not always accuse, nor will he harbor his anger forever.

Let's Pray: Father, there is so much we do not know, even about ourselves, yet You know all things. Thank You for what a gentle teacher You
are. Reveal to us this weekend where our weaknesses are and strengthen us
as to be more like Jesus, in whose name we pray.

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?