Appearances

July 29

Not able to sleep I was up before the sun and my sweet husband agreed to
go for a morning walk with me. I took him to the route which I used to
walk with some girlfriends. This morning route has us encounter four men
who each walk alone. Each of the men had a comment for me which had my
husband start to wonder what really goes on at "the walk". When one of
the men said, "You are looking as beautiful as always," my husband
quickly replied..."Well, thank you, my wife doesn't look so bad either."
The man was really caught off guard but chuckled!

Now it would appear that I have some friends my husband doesn't
know about, but the truth of the matter is we are just cheerful passer byers!

Here are a couple verses on "appearance". Ask the Lord to reveal to you
any situation where things aren't as they seem to be.

Being found in appearance as a man, He humbled Himself and became obedient to the point of death, even death of the cross. Philippians 2:8


But the LORD said to Samuel, "Do not consider his appearance or his height,
for I have rejected him. The LORD does not look at the things man looks at.
Man looks at the outward appearance, but the LORD looks at the heart."

1 Samuel 16:7

Let's Pray: Lord, You appeared on the earthly scene before
and you shall appear again! Forgive us when we put on false pretenses and
try to appear to be anything except what You created. When others see us
may they immediately say...."He/she appears to love the Lord with all his/her
heart." Open our eyes and give us wisdom into situations where deception is
controlling minds. Have your children to be a people who can see into the
hearts of others as You can. In Jesus Name, Amen

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?