The Four Synonyms

July 18-19
The hymn His Name is Wonderful was dribbling off my lips as I awakened to another pink sunrise.
His Name is Wonderful His Name is Wonderful His Name is Wonderful
Jesus My Lord
He is the Mighty King Master of everything His Name is Wonderful
Jesus My Lord
He’s the Great shepherd The Rock of All Ages Almighty God is He
Bow down before Him Love and adore Him His Name is Wonderful
Jesus My Lord


"I need a word from You today Father," I prayed. "Stupendous," he replied.
Rushing to Biblegateway my doubts were confirmed when there was no sign of
stupendous. Switching to definition mode a grin affirming His faithfulness crept across my face as I read these four synonyms. Causing...
astonishment or wonder, awesome, marvelous.

Psalm 145:6
Your marvelous doings are headline news; I could write a book full of the details of your greatness.
Deuteronomy 10:14
Look around you: Everything you see is God's—the heavens above and beyond, the Earth, and everything on it. But it was your ancestors who God fell in love with; he picked their children—that's you!—out of all the other peoples. That's where we are right now. So cut away the thick calluses from your heart and stop being so willfully hardheaded. God, your God, is the God of all gods, he's the Master of all masters, a God immense and powerful and awesome. He doesn't play favorites, takes no bribes, makes sure orphans and widows are treated fairly, takes loving care of foreigners by seeing that they get food and clothing.

2 Corinthians 9:8
God can pour on the blessings in astonishing ways so that you're ready for anything and everything, more than just ready to do what needs to be done. As one psalmist puts it, He throws caution to the winds, giving to the needy in reckless abandon. His right-living, right-giving ways never run out, never wear out. This most generous God who gives seed to the farmer that becomes bread for your meals is more than extravagant with you. He gives you something you can then give away, which grows into full-formed lives, robust in God, wealthy in every way, so that you can be generous in every way, producing with us great praise to God.

Well, once again His Word has lifted me! Chris Tomlin's How Great is our God is echoing in my mind and that is what I will step into today with on
my heart (beats singing It's a Small World over and over...so sing
with me and praise our God who is Stupendous in all he does, but
especially in his love for us.
The splendor of a King Clothed in majesty
Let all the earth rejoice All the earth rejoice

He wraps Himself in light And darkness tries to hide
And trembles at His voice Trembles at His voice

How great is our God, sing with me
How great is our God, and all will see
How great, how great is our God


Now wander off to a quiet, secret place and wait for Him to thrill your heart.
I pray you hear from Him in a way today which you never have before.

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?