Touch Me

July 21
Some of our children have been here visiting the past few days.
The last three will take off today. (With their dogs.) Sitting beside
my daughter on the couch last night I was scratching her back. Then
my mind was taken back to when she was a little girl and I would brush
her hair. There was such a wonderful comfort in just running my fingers
through her hair and having her close.
Last week I believe I shared about visiting my father who has
not been feeling real spunky. (This is allowed at 89.)
Comfort came from just sitting beside him, holding his hand and rubbing his
back and just being thankful for the ability to simply "be" with him.
This morning I thought how often do I do that with my heavenly Father
or is there always an agenda...a sense of rushing to get in the praise, the
repentance, the intercession and petitions and possibly listen for a response.
Slipping my hand between my satin comforter and Egyptian cotton blanket I
imagined I was holding the hand of Christ. I even felt for the scars. No
words were exchanged, just a warmth of being with Him.

Secrets of the Secret Place had a passage about how sometimes
when we are just sitting with God we start to sing. Try this chorus!

Bebo Norman's lyrics to "Sometimes by Step"
Oh God, You are my God and I will ever praise You.
I will seek You in the morning and learn to walk in Your ways.
And step by step You'll lead me and I will follow You all my days.


Reach out and touch someone today...start with God!

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?