While I Was Sleeping

July 15

Dog sitting for our sons' tall, skinny,Rhodesian Ridgeback named Scotty
last night was a contrast from our short, buff English Bulldog.
Both my man and the bulldog have nightly bathroom routines, which I
amazingly sleep right through. Last night my husband said each time he
returned to our bed, which is over three feet off the ground, Scotty had
jumped up on the bed and taken his place by me. I never noticed!

This made me think about all the occurrences which go on around us
and we never notice. The short lady in the grocery store who could really
use help reaching the top shelf, the lonely person in the church pew who
longs to meet a friend, the flagman on the road job whose wife is critically
ill and he could use our prayers, or the neighbor dying of cancer whose
family members are in from out of town and would appreciate a home cooked
meal and a hug.
Open our eyes Lord and help us to see where You are working and want us
to join You.

Interruptions have abounded this morning and it has taken me almost
five hours to get this devo out today. I kid you not my husband just
walked in and wanted to pray about something and the last thing he said
was..Lord, help us to see where You are at work and join You!

Confirmations from the Lord, could be another whole topic!
Jesus said in John..."I've told you this ahead of time, before it happens,
so that when it does happen, the confirmation will deepen your belief in me."
John 14:29

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?