What's it all about?

August 13
In 1966(way long ago) Burt Bacharach wrote the title song for the British movie 'Alfie'. I never saw the movie, I wasn't even ten years old when it
came out, but I do remember my older sister having the piano music to the
song and can remember Dionne Warwick singing the song. You begin thinking
maybe it is going to point people to Christ, but instead it elevates "love".
For those of us who qualify, as the ones the lyrics refer to as "believers",
we know who is love!
Enjoy a trip back to the sixties:
What's it all about, Alfie? Is it just for the moment we live?
What's it all about when you sort it out, Alfie?
Are we meant to take more than we give Or are we meant to be kind?
And if only fools are kind, Alfie, Then I guess it's wise to be cruel.
And if life belongs only to the strong, Alfie,
What will you lend on an old golden rule?
As sure as I believe there's a heaven above, Alfie,
I know there's something much more,
Something even non-believers can believe in.
I believe in love, Alfie. Without true love we just exist, Alfie.


"It's" all about Jesus and our lives bringing honor and glory to Him.
We much more than just exist when we live for Christ.

God is love! 1 John 4:16

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?