Security

September 1
My husband had to leave for work way before sunrise. Letting the
dog out after his breakfast I instinctively locked the door when he
returned, because it was still pitch black out. I am not a big fan
of being alone (that worked well since we had so many children) and
kind of laughed at the thought of that door bolt being my security!
The Lord quickly whispered...I am your security!

No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper.

Isaiah 54:17

Prosper- one of my students asked me the meaning of this word yesterday.
"To succeed in an enterprise or activity; to become strong and
flourishing; to cause to succeed or thrive."

Those who come against the Lord's beloved will not experience prosperity.

Security! Yesterday I had the privilege of praying with two young men
in my class as they asked Jesus into their heart. A third wanted to
pray and recommit his life to the Lord! I looked at them after the
prayer and said, "No one can ever steal Jesus from you. They can rob
your things, they can beat you and toss insults at you, but they cannot
take Jesus out of your heart!" Now that is security!

Let's Pray: Lord, as the red ball of fire, we call the
sun, is beginning to rise securely in the sky, so the hope of our salvation
rises with us this morning. We lift Your name on high, we love to sing
Your praises. We are so glad You're in our live. We are so glad You came
to save us! May the joy of our salvation flow into the life of another
today. In Jesus' Name, Amen

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?