We are to be Stars

September 8

Catch a falling star and put it in your pocket, save if for a rainy day.
Perry Como, was singing away in my mind this morning. Ok, more than half of
you are saying..."Who is Perry Como?"
Where are you going with this Lord? Is there an acronym for STAR? Stopping
to go brush my teeth and glancing on the toothpaste tube my eyes feel upon the words, "Brilliant Sparkle". Ah, confirmation for sure that star was what the Lord wanted me seeking out this AM.

Philippians 2:14-16
Do everything without complaining or arguing,so that you may become
blameless and pure, children of God without fault in a crooked and
depraved generation, in which you shine like stars in the universe as
you hold out the word of life—in order that I may boast on the day of
Christ that I did not run or labor for nothing.


Blameless and pure...that is a heavy load to tote and we are not to tote heavy loads. Lloyd John Ogilvie sheds some light on this topic
in one of his devotionals.
"You do not ask me constantly to take my own spiritual pulse, but rather to
become more aware of the pulse beat of Your Spirit working in and through me.
Light of the world, shine my words, radiate Your glory in my attitudes."

There is a star who has fallen upon us and we can put Him in our pocket and
have him there for everyday! His name is the Holy Spirit and he is our work
horse!
Shine Jesus shine! We love You Lord!

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?