Teachable Spirit

October 17-18

One of my students is an avid fisherman. When he gets going, his tales twirl off his tongue at a pace which is hard to follow. The lingo of lures, rods, and species leaves me long in the dust and my head is spinning like the line running off his reel. Often I am left thinking....I have no clue what he was just talking about.
(He probably feels the same about my lecture this week on inverted and natural order and independent and subordinate clauses.)
It the topic doesn't hold our interest the information often doesn't penetrate our thick shells!
Funny..it must be the teacher in me which sympathizes with the flight attendant giving his/her safety spiel, so I watch intently with an appreciative smile while the other passengers do their own thing.
Studying the Word of God can be dry and dull if You aren't hungry for it. Praise
God He knew we would need the Holy Spirit to make it come alive. If you are assisting a beginning Bible student, first ask them if they have received Christ for in doing so they also received a personal tutor...the Holy Spirit. Suggest they ask Him to give them a teachable spirit and to unveil God's word to them in a way which excites and thrills their heart as they realize how personally applicable and filled with love these letters are.

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?