Fall Down

November 22
The testosterone levels in our home are increasing, as our sons head home for the holiday week. The football games were blaring as grunts, groans and cheers erupted from our family room. The importance of the evening games seemed to dissipate as the remote clicked over to battle scene after battle scene. Brad Pitt swung his sword, blood spewed and balls of fire rolled in Troy and Johnny Depp and Orlando Bloom were at each other in Pirates of the Caribbean. There must have been at least four other macho man movies available as the channels clicked by. Being the only female in the house, I asked..."What are the women folk supposed to be doing?" The reply..."Oh, they are shopping."

TV is not my favorite past time. I'd rather be cooking, crafting or reading. Violence is very, very low on my list, but I must admit I peered out occasionally from behind a rug frame on which I was weaving and glanced at the scenes from Troy. The reverence and honor these people showed their kings came back to me this morning during my prayer time.
Heading down my prayer list, I lifted up the very sick to Jesus, then I began to cry out the needs of each of my own children and our school children and I stopped.
Why couldn't I just lie there in adoration for my King!
Immediately, these Christ Tomlin lyrics came to mind.
We fall down We lay our crowns At the feet of Jesus

The greatness of Mercy and love At the feet of Jesus

We cry holy, holy, holy We cry holy, holy, holy
We cry holy, holy, holy Is the lamb

My Jesus, I love you I know thou are mine
To thee all the follies of sin I resign
My gracious redeemer My savior, art thou
If ever I'll love you My Jesus, 'tis now

Today is the Lord's day, may we rejoice and be glad in it and bask
in the beauty of his majesty and holiness as we fall down before Him!

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?