Missing In Action

November 28-29
When will I learn to just trust Him? The definite message to share this morning was coming from the Audio Adrenaline song "Big, Big, House" which is about heaven. I actually threw up the suggestion to God that people reading this blog may not want to think about heaven right now, but I gave into his lead and spent an hour and a half researching what we know from God's Word about heaven. What a grand treasure hunt to go on....searching the scriptures for all the facets of what is to come!

God used this search to take me to a site related to "Preaching the Kingdom of Heaven is at Hand" and how we should live. For years my husband has said the answer to any Bible question can be..."Read your Bible and Pray", but this site reminded me there is so much more for us to experience. It is my belief that the majority of God's created people are missing the magnificent depth of relationship He created us for. I've been wanting to come up with a unique way to worship Christ this December and my plan is unfolding from my seeking today. One article I read, by John Evans, mentioned eight activities we are told in God's Word to do.
Fast
Pray
Pray in the Spirit
Study the Word
Seek the baptism of the Holy Spirit
Seek the spiritual gifts we have been given
Seek to prophesy
Seek faith.

Reflecting on all that is available to us through our faith caused me to think back to times I attended trade shows years ago and all the "freebies" they had. Whether is was a ruler, a Frisbee, or a bottle opener I would stick it in my bag and take advantage of the free gift. I am not taking advantage of all that is available to me in the spiritual realm on a daily basis. The theme for my December 2009 is going to be "He has done great things and has more to come." Each day my top priority will be a time with the Lord, reflecting on a provision from the list of eight.

We have a big, big house awaiting us for all eternity, but right now we have some big, big, works we can be doing for the Lord which could change eternity for others. I do not want God to say I am Missing In the Action He is up to!

Here comes the cheer...Get fired up, for victory!

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?