Will You Just Trust Me!

November 1-2
Do everything without complaining. Philippians 2:14
My mood was grumpy from the moment I awakened. Possibly a bad dream was still lingering in my mind. Asking the Lord to speak, all I received was the song
"Climb Every Mountain" and that wasn't what I wanted. Deciding to get up, go to the bathroom and do a few chores before writing the song title kept coming to me. Still desiring something else I opened a devotional to see what verse might be there for today...
Yup, there it was...Do everything without complaining. I believe The Message actually says, "without grumbling".
Where God was taking me (and He knew this long before I even woke up) was to an obedience test and had I not taken a bathroom break, I might have missed it and gone forth on my own accord.
Complaining is contagious...one bad apple can ruin the whole bunch baby!
Obedience is for our best when it comes to our Heavenly Father. As a teacher, a coach, or a parent there are times we just want to shout...
"Will You Just Trust Me!" Hmmm, how many times has God wanted to say those words to us?
Today there may be mountains to climb, streams to ford, or rainbows to follow. The key to our success in those endeavors is who will we trust to lead us along the way!

Let's Pray God, You are our God and we will ever praise You.
We will seek You this very morning and prayerfully we have learned to walk in Your ways. Now we cry out..step by step please guide us as we follow You all of our days.
In Jesus Name, Amen

Yesterday I had a LOL moment in church. Our church is wanting to have a live nativity scene in the evenings the week before Christmas. The sign up sheets lay in the narthex of the church with only a few names on them. The choices were 3 shepherds, an angel, the baby Jesus, Mary and Joseph. Turning to my husband I said, "This could be so much fun! We can be Mary and Joseph and the three boys coming home could be the shepherds." Being such an agreeable guy he agreed that would spice up the holidays. We decided we would talk to the boys and then sign up next week. Standing singing in the pews I looked over at my husband in his navy blue blazer and whispered to him how handsome he was. Looking back towards the congregation I notice a couple teenagers chatting and laughing with one another and it hit me....MARY AND JOSEPH WERE TEENAGERS! I laughed out loud and whispered to my husband...we can't be Mary and Joseph....we are GRANDPARENTS! Whew, I was so thankful we had not put our names on that sheet. Embarrassing, embarrassing. How often I forget how old I am!

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?