Call Upon Me

December 15
For some reason I decided to feed Moses (our bulldog) by Christmas light this morning around 6AM. Filling up his water bowl, I remembered the dishwasher needed emptying. Dropping a glass bowl on the hard tile floor, the conditions were ripe for disaster. Shattered clear glass, bare feet and very dim lighting.
Had my husband been home, he would have shouted..."Don't move, don't move!"
Fortunately, the dog was outside, but I was alone and needed a plan. Now I am realizing I could have reached for a couple casserole dishes and put my feet in them and slide across the tile floor to safety!
What I did do was stop and realize..."I am not alone." Asking the Lord for wisdom I squatted down and brushed aside some clear spots to gently step upon to approach my bedroom and a pair of shoes before beginning the clean up.(I did get glass in the end of one finger..should have grabbed a dish towel).
We step into unknown and often dangerous situations every day,
but we are never alone.
Call upon Me in the day of trouble,
I will deliver you, and you shall glorify Me.
Psalm 50:15

How often do we experience people exclaiming, "Oh, my God!" The phrase has become a hollow habit for many and is used in times of jubilation and in response to disaster. Do they really know Him as their God and Father? Next time I hear that done, I think I will reply..."Hey! He's my God too! Praise His name! Isn't it wonderful we can call upon Him!"

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?