Date #4

December 4
In honor of Christ's birthday month, I decided to have a date a day with him to deepen our relationship. Already, I can see his purpose is to help me with a life course of his I have not been passing with flying colors.
The course..."Loving Unlovable People." I do feel this is a graduate level course!
I'm late for school but wanted to share how this morning's date went.
Date 4
Under this satin comforter the sun has not yet come up, but you are here Jesus! My whole body relaxes as I close my eyes and imagine Your face…your eyes are so blue…unusual for a Jewish man! I’ve never been a fan of long hair on men, but yours is gorgeous. Reaching over to hold your hand, I flinch back at first seeing the scars on your wrists! What a strong remembrance of what you did for me. Will you take this time to teach me more?…..ugh, you ask me….Will I accept unconditionally what you have to say because you say it in love? OK…I trust you and your motives.
Proverbs 25:21-22
If your enemy is hungry, give him food to eat; if he is thirsty, give him water to drink. In doing this, you will heap burning coals on his head, and the LORD will reward you.

Matthew 5:43-47 Love for Enemies. You have heard that it was said, 'Love your neighbor and hate your enemy.' But I tell you: Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, that you may be sons of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous. If you love those who love you, what reward will you get? Are not even the tax collectors doing that? And if you greet only your brothers, what are you doing more than others? Do not even pagans do that?Luke 6:38
Give, and it will be given to you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over, will be poured into your lap. For with the measure you use, it will be measured to you."
Galatians 6:7-10
Do not be deceived: God cannot be mocked. A man reaps what he sows.The one who sows to please his sinful nature, from that nature[a]will reap destruction; the one who sows to please the Spirit, from the Spirit will reap eternal life. Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up. Therefore, as we have opportunity, let us do good to all people, especially to those who belong to the family of believers.

Well, sweet Jesus, it is nice to know that you are standing beside me when I am called upon to live in this manner!

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?