Do You Hear What I Hear

December 23
Said the night wind to the little lamb Do you see what I see
Way up in the sky little lamb Do you see what I see
A star, a star Dancing in the night
With a tail as big as a kite With a tail as big as a kite

Said the little lamb to the shepard boy Do you hear what I hear
Ringing through the sky shepard boy Do you hear what I hear
A song, a song High above the tree
With a voice as big as the sea With a voice as big as the sea

Said the shepard boy to the mighty king Do you know what I know
In your palace wall mighty king Do you know what I know
A child, a child Shivers in the cold
Let us bring him silver and gold Let us bring him silver and gold

Said the king to the people everywhere Listen to what I say
Pray for peace people everywhere Listen to what I say
The child, the child Sleeping in the night
He will bring us goodness and light He will bring us goodness and light

The child, the child Sleeping in the night He will bring us goodness and light

What beautiful lyrics! I am blessed to teach a very spirit filled student who at twelve years old already knows how to go away to a quiet place with his Bible and listen to the Lord. Often he will come to class and share what the Lord has told him or a vision he has been given. Another student asked me..."Why do I not hear from God that way?" We laughed together as I said, "Because you go home and play video games instead of going off and putting on praise music and opening your Bible."

If we are not hearing from the Lord, the chances are the reception problem lies within our end of the system!
Hear what God's perfect Word says:

Ears that hear and eyes that see— the LORD has made them both.
Proverbs 20:12

Then Jesus said, "He who has ears to hear, let him hear. Mark 4:9

When she heard about Jesus, she came up behind him
in the crowd and touched his cloak
Mark 5:27

Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Whom shall I send?
And who will go for us?" And I said, "Here am I. Send me!
Isaiah 6:8

On hearing this, they were baptized into the name of the Lord Jesus.
Acts 19:5

Then I heard what sounded like a great multitude, like the roar of rushing waters and like loud peals of thunder, shouting:
"Hallelujah! For our Lord God Almighty reigns
. Revelation 19:6

One day, every knee will bow and every tongue will confess Jesus is Lord.
One day we will hear clearly the coming of the Lord!
One day we will either hear...Well done good and faithful servant or depart from me I do not know you.

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?