A New Thing

December 30-31

I may have mentioned coming up with a new quote before Christmas...
Life is a lot!
Today it has been difficult to get in gear. We went from the Christmas celebration, to hopping on a plane and helping our youngest pull off a surprise engagement in Florida.
Returning home last night I learned of the death of a friend's husband (we will be missing one fine Tarheel fan), the break up of a precious young marriage, an emergency C-section having to be performed on one of the sweetest young women I know(She and her 2 pound baby have been fighting for their lives.) and the reality that our oldest son joins the Army in five days. The combination of physical and emotional exhaustion along with a house to undecorate, bags to unpack and a new semester of lesson plans to attack had me numb, so I dug into the Word hoping God would pull me up.

There staring at me on Biblegateway was:
This is what the LORD says— he who made a way through the sea, a path through the mighty waters, "Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past. See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it?
I am making a way in the desert and streams in the wasteland.-

Isaiah 43:16, 18-19

I topped that off with a scoop of Psalm 103 and know that in Christ's strength I can face today with joy.

Let's Pray:
Lord, you are compassionate, gracious, slow to anger and abounding in love. My prayer is simple, may all who need it feel your love being poured out upon them today and find peace. In Jesus' Name, Amen

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?