The Pomegranate

December 7

Father, I want to make today count. When I place my head on my pillow tonight I want to be able to reflect back and know that I have been where You planned to send me and that I have responded to life in a way that gives You joy and glory.

I want today to be a pomegranate day. Yesterday, after church we stopped by the grocery store and I picked up a couple pomegranates. What a beautiful fruit!
Instructions on how to cut it open were included. The internal structure was amazing! (I am not going to give details, so if you have never had this experience it will be exciting for you.) This had to have been one of God's most creative days...kind of like the giraffe day for him. The exuberance of this fruit climaxes as you eat the seeds!

God's Word is like the pomegranate! It is attractive, but when you dig into it the world around you illuminates and there is so much more than you expected on the inside!

Lord, go before us today, showing us Your way. Help us to put our agendas aside and experience the joy which comes from serving You! In Jesus Name, Amen

PS. Great way to start a day...my husband is getting out of the shower whistling
God Bless America! Must be the pomegranate seeds he ate last night!
Ok, so maybe it was his 4:30AM quiet time with the Lord!

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?