Would You Be Mine?

December 17

Rushing home from school I entered the house singing, "It's time to be with Jesus, time to be with Jesus, it's time to be with Jesus now!"
I felt a little bit like Mr. Rogers and "It's a lovely day in this neighborhood...would you be mine?"
Then those words, "Would you be mine?" pounded down on me.
How many people a day does Jesus ask that question?

He is the "bread of life" according to John 6:35.
He supplies all our needs:
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13

Last night we set aside what the world was screaming is urgent and took three hours to gather a few students interested in going to church to take communion. A harpist played, our heart rates slowed, we knelt at the altar before Mary and Joseph and the baby Jesus and gave thanks for all He has done. Then approaching the altar again for communion the tears dripped down my eyes as I thought about what Christ has done for me.
Looking over at three young students who attended with us, one taking his first communion, my heart rejoiced for the knowledge of the security of their salvation.
No weapon formed against them will prosper. There are moments in time we want to freeze and take a snapshot of which we can keep forever. Last night was one of those moments for me.
Now this morning, the world is screaming, "You will never catch up, you have so much to do, there's no time to write a devotional, you will be late." So be it. Jesus is mine and carries a higher priority than anything on my to do list. In His Name, I pray and trust what needs to be done to bring Him glory will happen today! Amen

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?