Disappointment Dumping Ground

January 13

There are powerful words from within the verses of this Psalm, which speak so directly to what can happen to us in our grief and disappointment. When our
hearts begin to hurt the response of our spirit, as a protective measure, can be bitterness. This passage suggests that particular response comes from a "brute beast" attitude influenced by senselessness and ignorance. Yuck.
The uplifting alternative requires us to stick out our right hand and then God
steps in and goes into action. The verbs used: takes me....guides me.
Hooray, even in the toughest of times He is our strength and our portion!
There is a way out which does not lead to destruction!
Jesus is our "disappointment dumping" ground.
Jesus knows how to turn the low points in life around!
May he lift you up today!
Love, Boo
Psalm 73:21-26
21 When my heart was grieved and my spirit embittered,
22 I was senseless and ignorant; I was a brute beast before you.
23 Yet I am always with you; you hold me by my right hand.
24 You guide me with your counsel, and afterward
you will take me into glory.
25 Whom have I in heaven but you?
And earth has nothing I desire besides you.
26 My flesh and my heart may fail,
but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?