The End Result

January 20th
My morning prayer began like this today....
"Father, thank You for today; I think????"
Then I laughed. That is faith, thanking God for the day before it even happens!

I tend to like to get right to the end result. Traditional rug hooking is a relatively new hobby for me and I find myself wanting to forgo the prep work of tediously threading the needle on the sewing machine and stitching around the canvas to keep it from unraveling. I'd much rather get right to the bold color center piece of the project than work on outlining or backgrounds. So far I have hooked six pieces and I have yet to put on the finishing touches where you add binding tape and whip stitch all the edges.

Considering the terms involved with rug hooking, I began thinking about the end result of how we want to see others hooked on Jesus. There are fabulous evangelists, such as Billy Graham, who can share Christ in a minute and you are ready to accept Him as Savior.
For most of us the reality is a little prep work is required for others to trust us.
Relationship building can take time, but it is not necessarily as tedious as threading a needle. Sharing a personal testimony of what Christ means in our own lives establishes some background. Outlining the Gospel is a key tool. After the end result is reached, the finishing touches of discipleship are vital to establish a growing faith.

May someone we know, someone we love possibly, find Jesus as the "End Result" to their searching today!

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?