Knotty Pine

January 12
Ha! The ole silent "K" can play tricks with your mind. I was in the church gym where I teach school. The walls are a beautiful "knotty pine". When I began to write this story I was calling it "nutty pine". I am the nut!
Staring at the walls, each dark spot reminded me of my sin. I thought of Christ's body and what if each time we sinned another nail was driven into him. There had to be thousands of spots in that gym, but I felt if I looked back on my fifty-three years of live, I could pin a personal sin to each spot.
Looking up to the rafters, I noticed four smoke alarms. I stopped and prayed and asked the Lord to sound an alarm in my life whenever I drift towards sinful behavior.
The experience was a bit overwhelming. Opening the door to the unheated stairwell, a blast of cold air hit me in the face. Beginning my descent down the stairs I realized the walls were an impeccably perfect white...not a scuff mark anywhere.
Then Christ whispered..."That is how God sees you, for my blood has washed you white as snow!" The chill left the air and the warmth of my Lord wrapped around me and I smiled!


Cleanse me with hyssop, and I will be clean;
wash me, and I will be whiter than snow.
Psalm 51:7


But God demonstrates his own love for us in this:
While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.
Romans 5:8

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?